Meet Margot, JD’s rabbit (in my blanket fort).
Veruschka, photographed by Franco Rubartelli.
Studio Manasse c.1920s , I love how this image has a German Expressionist feel to it, with the long stretched out shadows on the unsuspecting heroine.
taken from Divas & Lovers, photographic fantasies from Vienna between the Wars
Dancer on a Rooftop, 1947, Tadahiko Hayashi
Grace Hartzel by Ben and Zie
Emily Ruhl by Billy Kidd
Dolores del Río by Tina Modotti, 1925.
Andrej Pejic photographed by Taghi Naderzad for D La Repubblica #774, January 2012
I am dying. That beading. The waist. The collar. I am dead.
greypoppies Christmas giveaway!
- ONLY REBLOG ONCE. Seriously. Likes count. If you do both you get 2 entries. I’ll use a random number generator but I will check to make sure you haven’t reblogged 10 times.
- There will be 4 winners. One gets the book, and 3 others get two photos that I’ll pick out. (If you REALLY want a set of photos, though, reblog with which ones you want and if you get picked I’ll see what I can do.)
- Giveaway ends December 24th, or Christmas Eve. I’ll ship ‘em out shortly after Christmas.
- I’ll send the photos anywhere but the book’s gotta go to the US.
- I don’t really care if you’re following me. I mean, it would be polite of you to look at my blog but it’s not a big deal.
- Speaking of the book, here’s an album of some of the pages. It’s really a gorgeous book. Copyrighted 1966 and it has the most amazing old book smell.