Ahh, I adore that name. I already answered some but I’ll do the rest c: Available? Ha, I don’t think anyone would take me unless I paid them. Longest friendship? Dana, although we don’t talk as much anymore. X-rays I’ve had? My jaw at the dentist’s, and my foot when I broke it as a kid. Number of siblings? Two brothers. I get along well with both. Drink I last had? Pumpkin spice coconut milk. Reason to smile? The snow! It’s delightful.
“Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lots of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.”—
1966 anti-cow slaughter agitation was the agitation by Hindu organizations in 1966 to demand a ban on the slaughter of cows in India, as enshrined in the Directive Principles of State Policy in the Constitution of India. Among others, the Shankaracharya fasted for the cause. The agitation culminated in a massive demonstration outside Sansad Bhavan in New Delhi on 7 November 1966 (as per Hindu Panchang, Vikram Samvat, Kartik Shukla Ashtami, famously known as Gopashtami among Hindus).
:3 Song I last sung? Horchata by Vampire Weekend haha. Time I woke up? 2 o’clock… Easiest person to talk to? Catie, I think. Very best friend? Welp. The above puts up with me and I love her a lot, so let’s go with Catie. Ice cream flavour? Once I had vegan basil ice cream and I died because it was the best thing I’ve ever tasted. I’m undead now.
Do not even dare appropriate their struggles because it gives you faulty jab at vegans. This has been an issue people have been trying to bring awareness to for decades. I literally never see white people talking about it outside of trying to argue against vegans. POC and their struggles are not props to use at your convenience when it benefits you.
Who do you think slaughters your food animals? Who do you think picks their food? Who do you think raises these animals? Good read on how horribly oppressed and abused slaughter house workers are. You are no better. If you truly care about these people so much, and have the finances and health to do so, why would you continue to eat meat and dairy? Why would you throw money towards corporations who abuse and oppress them? Why would you not do anything you could to help reduce their oppression?
The argument also fails because it misunderstands what veganism is about. It’s about reducing cruelty as far as practical and possible. It’s not about being perfect, it can’t be. We know it isn’t cruelty free, we know migrant workers are oppressed picking our (and your) plants. The best I can do in this situation is not support animal agriculture so that I’m not supporting as many people being oppressed, buy locally when possible, and grow my own food when possible.
It’s coming up to Winter, it’s cold, and due to Government admin errors and several other hits, we’re now living below the poverty line and can’t afford to heat our home or eat.
Edit: now we’re losing a further £250 a month and everything has taken an extremely dire turn
we can’t afford anything now
we literally just got a letter telling us that we’re losing £250 a month from are benefits thanks to new cuts
we already barely survive on very little and this is just like a death knell
i’m applying to apprenticeships and jobs but none will take me over younger people [that they can pay less] or older people [with more experience]
we aren’t going to be able to make it through winter without help, hell we’re not going to be able to make it through fucking december without help
we can’t take a loan out, because the repayments would cripple us and i just
please share this lick please reblog it i don’t care if you don’t care for me or if you’d rather not or what the fuck ever please just help by reblogging or we are literally going to die this is the worst news i’ve received in months i am begging you